Monday 30 July 2012

H2H Challenge: Scraps!

This week the challenge over at H2H is to create something using scraps.  We all have them.  Actually, if you are a paper crafter, you probably hoard them.  I have been trying really hard to use them up lately.  It will take me years to do it, but I am trying, so this challenge was right up my alley.

Here is what I started with...


...a big pile of scraps left over from my Florentine paper pack.  I had already created about 5 layouts with this paper, and I still had lots left just sitting on my desk waiting for this challenge.

Here is what my scraps miraculously turned into...



I created two cards, rather than one.  Part of my strategy in using up my scraps is to make duplicates when I am creating cards with the remnants of my paper packs.  That way, I have lots of cards to use when I need them, and it takes about the same amount of time as making the first one.

CTMH Products used to create these cards include:
Papers: Florentine (X7153B), Chocolate cardstock
Stamps: Hooray Bouquet (D1491)
Inks: Chocolate
Embellishments: Dark Chocolate Striped Grosgrain (Z1617), Garden Wooden Shapes (Z1718)
Other: Bronze Glitz Glitter Gel (Z1483)

For more inspiration, head on over to H2H and check out the fabulous artwork created this week by my fellow Design Team B members, or click on their links here: Haley, Angel, Nancy, Dorothy and Dania.

If you want to play along, here is what you need to do...
  1. Use mostly Close To My Heart products, though it doesn't have to be 100%.  
  2. Use up some scraps to create a great project.
  3. Post your project to your blog or other online gallery. 
  4. Link your blog post to this challenge at H2H.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I love to read your comments, so please let me know what you think.  Happy scrapping!

6 comments:

  1. That way, everyone can use one another's tools and you might be able to trade some of your unneeded supplies for things your friends no longer need but that you can use.

    Forbrukslån uten sikkerhet

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these cards and my fave ribbon. \good plan in making two at a time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I love to use my scraps up too! I might have to join in this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards Cheryl. I really like the idea to create 2 cards at the same time, I'm going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific card! Love the ribbon accent....I always forget to use mine....you've reminded me! :o)

    ReplyDelete